From: Terry Reilly
Sent: Tuesday, March 10, 2020 11:53:59 AM (UTC-06:00) Central Time (US & Canada)
Subject: FI Grain Market Snapshot 03/10/20
Bearish soybeans and neutral corn and wheat. USDA took Brazil and Argentina soybean production up by one million tons each.
USDA NASS and OCE executive summaries
- The March report was perceived to be slightly bearish in that USDA raised global soybean and corn stocks higher. With little changes to go on, traders should move forward monitoring US export developments and currency fluctuations.
- The upward revision to Argentina and Brazil soybean production by one million tons each could limit upside potential for the soybean complex.
- US soybean stocks were estimated at 425 million bushels, unchanged from the previous month and near trade expectations.
- USDA raised their soybean for seed estimate by 3 million bushels to 99 million, up from 88 million last year. This is an indication USDA looks for a large US soybean area for 2020 plantings.
· USDA estimated US corn stocks at 1.892 billion bushels, unchanged from the previous month.
· USDA estimated US wheat stocks at 940 million bushels, unchanged from the previous month.
Price outlook: (unchanged from Monday)
- May soybeans are seen in a wide $8.65-$9.25 range.
- May meal is seen in a $285 to $320 range
- May soybean oil range is 26.50 to 31.00
- CBOT May is seen in a $3.45 and $4.00 range.
· CBOT Chicago May wheat is seen in a $4.90-$5.50 range
· CBOT KC May wheat is seen in a $4.25-$4.75 range
· MN May wheat is seen in a $4.95-$5.40 range
Senior Commodity Analyst – Grain and Oilseeds
Futures International │190 S LaSalle St., Suite 410│Chicago, IL 60603
ICE IM: treilly1
Trading of futures, options, swaps and other derivatives is risky and is not suitable for all persons. All of these investment products are leveraged, and you can lose more than your initial deposit. Each investment product is offered only to and from jurisdictions where solicitation and sale are lawful, and in accordance with applicable laws and regulations in such jurisdiction. The information provided here should not be relied upon as a substitute for independent research before making your investment decisions. Futures International, LLC is merely providing this information for your general information and the information does not take into account any particular individual’s investment objectives, financial situation, or needs. All investors should obtain advice based on their unique situation before making any investment decision. The contents of this communication and any attachments are for informational purposes only and under no circumstances should they be construed as an offer to buy or sell, or a solicitation to buy or sell any future, option, swap or other derivative. The sources for the information and any opinions in this communication are believed to be reliable, but Futures International, LLC does not warrant or guarantee the accuracy of such information or opinions. Futures International, LLC and its principals and employees may take positions different from any positions described in this communication. Past results are not necessarily indicative of future results.
This email, any information contained herein and any files transmitted with it (collectively, the Material) are the sole property of OTC Global Holdings LP and its affiliates (OTCGH); are confidential, may be legally privileged and are intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. Unauthorized disclosure, copying or distribution of the Material, is strictly prohibited and the recipient shall not redistribute the Material in any form to a third party. Please notify the sender immediately by email if you have received this email by mistake, delete this email from your system and destroy any hard copies. OTCGH waives no privilege or confidentiality due to any mistaken transmission of this email.