From: Terry Reilly
Sent: Friday, July 27, 2018 3:38:48 PM (UTC-06:00) Central Time (US & Canada)
Cc: Terry Reilly
Subject: FI Ag Commitment of Traders 07/27/18
CFTC Commitment of Traders
· Traditional funds sold corn, soybeans and meal while they bought wheat and soybean oil.
· Commercials were active on the other side. Producers bought corn and soybeans, and were good sellers of KC wheat. Index funds reduced positions in corn and soybeans.
· The daily estimate of funds position was way off for corn and soybeans.
· As of last Tuesday, funds futures only were net long 71,400 corn, and net short 10,800 soybeans. The trade estimate the funds net long 121,800 corn and net long 15,200 soybeans. So the buying for the week ending July 24 was much, much less than expected for soybeans and corn.
· Note the funds futures only net position in corn were net long 71,400 contracts, while futures and options combined in corn are net short 53,400 contracts.
· Commercials in corn for the futures and options combined really turned around their positions since late May when they were net short 245k to current net long 59.7k.
Senior Commodity Analyst – Grain and Oilseeds
Futures International │190 S LaSalle St., Suite 410│Chicago, IL 60603
ICE IM: treilly1
Trading of futures, options, swaps and other derivatives is risky and is not suitable for all persons. All of these investment products are leveraged, and you can lose more than your initial deposit. Each investment product is offered only to and from jurisdictions where solicitation and sale are lawful, and in accordance with applicable laws and regulations in such jurisdiction. The information provided here should not be relied upon as a substitute for independent research before making your investment decisions. Futures International, LLC is merely providing this information for your general information and the information does not take into account any particular individual’s investment objectives, financial situation, or needs. All investors should obtain advice based on their unique situation before making any investment decision. The contents of this communication and any attachments are for informational purposes only and under no circumstances should they be construed as an offer to buy or sell, or a solicitation to buy or sell any future, option, swap or other derivative. The sources for the information and any opinions in this communication are believed to be reliable, but Futures International, LLC does not warrant or guarantee the accuracy of such information or opinions. Futures International, LLC and its principals and employees may take positions different from any positions described in this communication. Past results are not necessarily indicative of future results.