From: Wagner, Jonathan
Sent: Wednesday, April 15, 2020 9:51:12 AM (UTC-06:00) Central Time (US & Canada)
To: Wagner, Jonathan
Subject: Oil Supertankers Booked For Storage Rising Further, Owner Says
(Bloomberg) — More than 75 supertankers have been booked on long-term time charter, International Seaways CEO Lois Zabrocky says in an interview Wednesday.
- “The number of VLCCs that have been taken on time charter, mostly between 6 months and a year, is certainly north of 75,” with supertankers typically holding 2m bbl
- Still, there remains a gap between the number of ships that have been booked and those actually entering storage
- Says concerns growing that ships will struggle to discharge due to storage tanks being full and virus restrictions
- “Right now we have a bunch of ships that are a couple of days away from their discharge ports and our question is how quickly will they be able to be discharged?”
- Says clean tankers, notably LR1s and LR2s, are starting to take time charter business, also likely for storage, over 3-6 months
- “We’ve just seen the beginning, it seems to me, in that market, it’s not nearly as developed as the VLCCs”
Ion Energy Group
180 Maiden Lane 25th Floor
New York, NY 10005
This email, any information contained herein and any files transmitted with it (collectively, the Material) are the sole property of OTC Global Holdings LP and its affiliates (OTCGH); are confidential, may be legally privileged and are intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. Unauthorized disclosure, copying or distribution of the Material, is strictly prohibited and the recipient shall not redistribute the Material in any form to a third party. Please notify the sender immediately by email if you have received this email by mistake, delete this email from your system and destroy any hard copies. OTCGH waives no privilege or confidentiality due to any mistaken transmission of this email.